Zimbabwe Court orders to resume internet

Zimbabwe  High Court ruled that the government exceeded its mandate in ordering an internet blackout during civilian protests last week, while the  authorities blamed for the unrest the opposition politicians.

In his interim ruling, High Court Judge Owen Tagu ordered mobile operators to resume full services “immediately and unconditionally“. The biggest, Econet Wireless, compiled with the order late on January 21, it said in a message to its clients.

There was no immediate response from the government legal services on whether they would appeal the court judgment.

Police admitted three people died during the unrest, but lawyers and human rights groups reveal the evidence suggesting at least a dozen victims, while scores were treated for gunshot wounds in hospitals, and hundreds have been held on public order charges.

A several  leaders of Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) are in hiding, and accused President Mnangagwa , nicknamed Crocodile, of seeking to “dismantle” the party, the spokesman for the MDC said.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s